Combined Heat and Power
Save Energy with a CHP Unit
Does your business require a constant heat demand? Then the inclusion of a CHP unit could reduce your overall energy costs and save you money. Biomass Combined Heat & Power (CHP) offers exciting potential to do this with significant benefits:
- Provide on-site heat and power to reduce energy bills
- Generate a significant revenue stream from:
- The government's Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Renewable Obligation Certificates (ROCs) for electricity generated
- Exported electricity to the grid (Power Purchase Agreements)
- Reduce the amount of CO2 produced and your exposure to carbon taxation
Combined Heat and Power is also referred to as 'Cogen' or 'Cogeneration' and both terms refer to the generation of heat and electricity from the one CHP plant installation, usually running on biomass or mains gas.
Reduce Annual Heating Costs
Do the annual heating and electricity costs for your business exceed £250,000?
By installing a Biomass CHP system you could see a 100% return on your investment in the first 1 to 2 years! You could see a total benefit over 20 years of up to £20 million!
Ecoliving is working with established biomass CHP manufacturers and partners to deliver CHP systems to customers in a number of sectors. The most appropriate applications for CHP plant are where there is a constant, year round demand for heat from an industrial process like drying waste or in food production.